Nimbin MardiGrass Market Stalls 2018
Closing date: April 1st 2018
Payment for stalls is to be made in full by the 1st April 2018. Your stall will NOT be confirmed until payment is received. No stall fees will be collected during Mardigrass.
We invite vendors of hemp and cannabis related products. This is our 6th year at MardiGrass’ new venue PLANTEM PARK, behind the HEMP Embassy and Town Hall, featuring the Hash Bowl Stage and the HEMP Olympix in Sativa Stadium. The park also hosts Indica Arena which is an educational space featuring Hemposium talks, the Industrial Hemp Expo, and medican advice and information.
We invite local vendors to showcase the creative, innovative and alternative spirit of Nimbin and the Northern Rivers region. The GRASSROOTS MARKET at the Nimbin Community Centre will reflect other aspects of Nimbin’s counter-culture featuring alternative building materials, sustainable energy, growing food/medicine, forest re-generation, as well as hand made and traditional crafts, with the backdrop of the best of music from the Rainbow Region all weekend.
With a new MardiGrass DA and many more food stall enquiries than sites available, we have revised our food vendors policy, and preference will be given to those applicants that fulfill the following criteria:
- Use hemp seed or hemp oil (now legal!)
- Locally owned (or containing locally grown produce) within the Northern Rivers region
- Doesn’t duplicate permanent Nimbin village food businesses
- Promotes health food
- Self contained/ no power or very low power consumption
- Regular Nimbin market stallholders
- Returning/ regular MardiGrass supporters
- Zero or minimum waste. Only compostable/ recycled packaging
- No Coca Cola/Amatil products or bottled water
Terms, conditions, and other handy hints…
- The market sites will be open for setting up on Friday 4th May from 10am. Be aware that Nimbin village is still doing business as usual on Friday, and again on Monday.
- Your stall must be set up by 8am Saturday 5th May
- No vehicles are allowed on site after this time.
- Stalls must be packed down and off site by Sunday night, 6th May
- Although Nimbin MardiGrass will provide security, you alone are responsible for your property.
- No dogs or other non–native animals are allowed on site. Please leave your pets with a carer for the weekend.
- This is also a night market, so stallholders must be willing to trade into the evenings.
- Stalls usually close around 9-10pm, but you are welcome to trade longer.
- Please make sure that you minimise the amount of electricity you use. Choose lower electricity lights rather than spotlights. Halogen lights or flood lights will not be allowed. Please make sure that your electrical equipment is tested and tagged before you arrive and you have plenty of extension leads & large cable ties to affix cords to your stall. Power leads cannot be threaded through marquee frames but must be loosely suspended by cable ties so they can be easily removed in an emergency.
PRODUCTS THAT ARE NOT PERMITTED:
- Any Pepsi-Co or Coca Cola product
- Toy guns or other children’s pretend weapons
- We hope your products can be displayed with a minimum of packaging & all waste is minimized. Recycling is a priority.