Parking and Traffic Changes over MardiGrass
NO PARKING will be in place in the centre of the village from 12 noon Friday 3 May to 11pm Sunday 5 May. Below are areas affected:
- No parking Cecil Street from Cullen street to the showgrounds
- No parking in Thorburn street between Cullen and Sibley streets.
- Thorburn Street from Silky Oak Drive will have a road closure managed by the Backpackers to ensure clear access to and from the campsites and their parking.
- No parking in central section of the village: No cars from the ‘blister’ to the garden before the pedestrian crossing. On the eastern side there will be no parking permitted from the Hotel all the way to Perceptios.
There will be ROAD CLOSURES along Cullen st from the Western Car Park to Cecil Street, on Sunday for the Parade, from 2.30 to 3.30pm approximately.
Roadside Camping Not Permitted
- The western council carpark is to be free of any camping.
- All camping is to be directed to the Showgounds or Backpackers camping sites.
- Roadside camping is not permitted. It creates dangerous traffic situations.
- There will be NO CAMPING at any of the Day Parking areas. You may sleep in your car but in NO WAY light fires, set up tents, or disrupt traffic flow.
Things to Remember
- Please park as directed and keep driveways clear. This is important. BE AWARE OF THE NO PARKING ZONES.
- Lismore City Council Rangers will book you if you park incorrectly. Last year there were way more parking tickets than pot busts!
Where can I Park?
- Visitor parking will be appropriately sign posted on the entrances to the village.
- Vehicle parking paddock areas is free if you buy an armband..otherwise $10 per car.
- PLEASE only poo in the toilets provided, use bins supplied and Respect Our Unique Village.