Thank you for your interest in being part of MardiGrass 2019. We’re always keen to hear from friendly and positive people who want to assist cannabis law reform. MardiGrass wishes to extend a welcome and many thanks for those who donate their time during this event. Without you it could not happen! We appreciate your interest in helping us create an amazing MardiGrass experience for all participants over the weekend.
This year MardiGrass falls from Friday 3rd May to Sunday 5th of May, but (as always) it really kicks off many weeks earlier. We particularly need help with site preparation. So if you have those skills, we would love to hear from you NOW! The important thing is that we need volunteers BEFORE the event more than we need them DURING.
We will be accepting volunteers to set up camp and start preparing for the protest from Saturday 20th April.
If you want to be part of the preparations, there are three methods to make contact:
In person: Hemp Bar or Embassy shop, 51 Cullen Street, Nimbin
No new volunteers will be accepted after 30 April. Speaking reasonable English is necessary, and a willingness to work. We don’t want people who sit around smoking all day!
MARDIGRASS VOLUNTEER JOBS
How would you like to help?
WASTE & RECYCLING
TICKETS & INFORMATION
of MardiGrass from 6 May onwards
Volunteer jobs are varied and according to the needs of the moment. They can include fence and barricade construction, painting banners and signs, clearing the site, rubbish collection, kitchen work, erecting marquees and tents, building and setting up stages, rolling joints and anything else that needs to be done to make MardiGrass happen successfully. Cooks and electricians and artists are especially welcome. Fill in and submit the MardiGrass Volunteer Registration form.
The MardiGrass Volunteer Registration form shows the range of volunteering positions on offer. If you have volunteered in the past and want to be part of the same team, get in touch early and list your preference. We recommend getting in early as most positions are usually filled well before MardiGrass.
VOLUNTEER GUIDE FOR MARDIGRASS
If you would like to volunteer, then you will need to bring all of your own camping materials, etc. You must bring enclosed footwear and a hat. For camping a bedroll and sleeping bag are minimum kit. The nights are starting to get cold at MardiGrass time so make sure you bring warm clothing and whatever else you need in case it rains. Bring your own bowl and mug if you can! Come in and introduce yourself at the Hemp Embassy upon arrival!
What to bring:
- Your own camping gear including tent and sleeping bag
- Your own bowl, plate, cup, cutlery etc.
- Clothes for working including enclosed footwear and a hat
- Warm clothes for cool nights
- Come prepared for wet weather
What MardiGrass will provide:
- Free camping space behind the Embassy
- Volunteer chill out space including cooking and washing up facilities
- An unforgettable experience
MardiGrass Volunteers are expected to:
- Enjoy yourselves!
- Be responsible for the energy you bring to the space. Remember you are representing MardiGrass at all times
- Arrive at your designated work area, approximately 15 minutes prior to commencement
- Carry out your volunteer tasks as requested by MardiGrass coordinators
- Please remain sober and alert at all times when volunteering
- If applicable, make arrangements for your children to be cared for while you are on duty
Know your help is invaluable, and each time the Cannabis plant thinks of you, it will be with smiles in its sticky green heart. Thank you for your energy!