In 2022, ALL market stalls, including food stalls, will be located in the dedicated MardiGrass venue PLANTEM PARK, behind the HEMP Embassy and Town Hall, featuring the Hash Bowl Stage and the HEMP Olympix in Sativa Stadium. The park also hosts Indica Arena which is an educational space featuring Hemposium talks, the Industrial Hemp Expo, and medican advice and information.
Complete and submit the MardiGrass Stall Application [docx] or [pdf]
Application Closing date: August 1st 2022
We will notify you of the outcome of your application in early August. Payment for stalls is to be made in full by September 1st 2022. Your stall will NOT be confirmed until payment is received. No stall fees will be collected during Mardigrass. The MardiGrass Stall Application includes bank details for payment.
Stall Payment Closing date: September 1st 2022
WHAT TYPES OF STALLS?
We invite vendors of hemp and cannabis related products, services and ideas.
MardiGrass gives priority to stalls showcasing:
- Hemp food
- Hemp clothing
- Hemp building
- Hemp body care and natural health products
- Industrial hemp technologies
- Cannabis culture
We also welcome educational stalls providing:
- Cannabis law reform advocacy
- Medical cannabis advice and information
We invite local vendors to showcase the creative, innovative and alternative spirit of Nimbin and the Northern Rivers region.
With a new MardiGrass DA and many more food stall enquiries than sites available, we have revised our food vendors policy, and preference will be given to those applicants that fulfill the following criteria:
- Promote and use hemp seed, oil and other hemp ingredients (now legal!)
- Locally owned (or containing locally grown produce) within the Northern Rivers region
- Doesn’t duplicate permanent Nimbin village food businesses
- Promotes healthy food
- Self contained/ no power or very low power consumption
- Regular Nimbin market stallholders
- Returning/ regular MardiGrass supporters
- Zero or minimum waste. Only compostable/ recycled packaging
- No Coca Cola/Amatil products or bottled water
Terms, conditions, and other handy hints…
- All stalls should complete their own COVID-19 Safety Plan and display a printed copy in your stall. We are usually audited during the event by the local Council Health and Safety Officer.
- The market site will be open for setting up on Friday 16th September from 10am. Be aware that Nimbin village is still doing business as usual on Friday, and again on Monday.
- Your stall must be set up by 8am Saturday 17th September.
- Please be aware that no vehicles are allowed on site after this time.
- Stalls must be packed down and off site by 10am Monday 19th September.
- Although Nimbin MardiGrass will provide security, you alone are responsible for your property.
- No dogs or other non–native animals are allowed on site. Please leave your pets with a carer for the weekend. This is also a night market, so stallholders must be willing to trade into the evenings.
- Stalls usually close around 9-10pm, but you are welcome to trade longer. Noise restrictions apply
- Please make sure that you minimise the amount of electricity you use.Choose lower electricity lights rather than spotlights. Halogen lights or flood lights will not be allowed. There are plenty of reasonable alternatives. Please make sure that your electrical equipment is tested and tagged before you arrive and you have plenty of extension leads & large cable ties to affix cords to your stall. Power leads cannot be threaded through marquee frames but must be loosely suspended by cable ties so they can be easily removed in an emergency.
PRODUCTS THAT ARE NOT ALLOWED:
- Any Pepsi-Co or Coca Cola product
- Toy guns or other child’s pretend weapons
- We hope your products can be displayed with a minimum of packaging & all waste is minimized. Recycling is a priority.
- Please be aware that this list is not complete. If there are any issues, the coordinator will contact you upon receipt of this application.
MardiGrass Markets are COVID Safe. There are strict restrictions in place to keep the community safe. For further information click here.